The book aims to be a practical guide to help business risk managers, modelling analysts and general management to understand, conduct and use quantitative risk assessment and uncertainty modelling in their own situations.
- Part I covers general risk assessment processes, their objectives, uses, possible approaches to risk quantification, benefits and challenges.
- Part II covers the key principles and techniques in the design of risk models.
- Part III provides an introduction to key ways to implement the repeated calculation steps that are required when conducting simulation, covering the use of VBA macros and of @RISK to do so.
More detailed information about the content is available in descriptive form at About Business Risk and Simulation Modelling in Practice (opens in new tab), and the Table of Contents (level 2) can be seen at Table of Contents.Level2.
Recent readers comments include:
- “It is a very good guide to help our company to setup the quantitative approach to decisions taking risk into account”. Principal Engineer, Samsung Electronics
- “I have recently worked through your textbook Business Risk and Simulation Modelling in Practice, and I find the way you combine theoretical rigour and practical advice remarkable. I find myself citing your work repeatedly for its clarity that I find lacking in many other authors on the subject.” Researcher in Corporate Finance, University of Hamburg